Covid Secure Policy
The Castle Hotel, Lincoln, LN1 3AS
Since re-opening in July we have been adapting to the new guidelines.
We will be limiting the staff working on-site and this combined with social distancing rules results in some changes. These will evolve as time goes on and the advice changes.
We will be implementing the following changes:
- All staff will be provided with personal protective equipment appropriate to their location in the building and their job role. This includes face coverings.
- All guest to wear face coverings unless exempt.
- We will place hand sanitising equipment at main touchpoints within the hotel as well as at the Hotel entrance. We would like to ask all staff, visitors and hotel guests to use them every time they enter the building.
- We would ask that you pay by contactless card payments where possible.
- We ask that if you feel unwell or show any symptoms of Covid-19 that you (Staff and Guests) do not attend the hotel.
- Our cleaning procedures have been reviewed to ensure key touchpoints are sanitised at regular intervals.
- We would ask all guests to follow the signage around the building.
- We may ask guests to queue upon entering the building during busier times.
- We ask all guests to remain within their households or social bubbles when visiting the hotel. Children are as always welcome but must be supervised at all times during their visit by an adult.
- Guests who break any social distant rules will be asked to leave the hotel.
- Some areas will be adapted. Clear signage will be used.
- Following Government Guidelines, we will require contact details for all guests
- NHS Track and Trace must be completed before entering the premises.
Food and Drink
- Pre-booking is recommended and we will be running one Menu throughout all areas of the Hotel. All bookings need to be confirmed by the hotel, this is done via phone or email.
- We will limit the number of tables and adhere to social distancing rules.
- Will will be adapting our menus so that we can allow for social distancing in our kitchen. These will be published at reformresturant.co.uk/menus
- Appropriate cutlery and condiments will be provided anything extra should be requested.
- We will only be allowing table service for all food and drinks. Please do not approach the bar.
- During busy periods we ask that all restaurant bookings/walk-ins are kept to a 2 hours time slot to allow a full sanitisation of the table before another use.
- Menus are available on our website or clean menus will be provided.
- Will will no longer be holding any personal belongings in our coatroom. This is for the protection of all guests and staff.
- We may need to ask guests to queue at check-in to ensure stairways and corridors are clear.
- Guests will continue to receive a pre-stay message regarding their stay and we would ask all guests to check all their details and make sure everything is correct and up-to-date. For guests that use online travel agents (e.g. booking.com) would be required to make sure they maintain their booking via the appropriate site.
- Hotel stay payments and bill must be paid by card at check-out. The hotel reception does not carry physical money.
- Hotel VAT bills/invoices will be available in print on request only. They will be emailed to the email we have on file for the guest unless asked otherwise. Please make sure we have your information correct on check-in. A card transaction receipt will be made available at the point of sale if required.
- We are no longer able to show guests to their rooms or help guests with luggage up the stairs. We will provide directions on check-in.
- For guests that are staying in accommodation over a number of nights, housekeeping will be discussed with the lead booker to ensure if you require housekeeping, it is done safely.
- We are unable to hold luggage at the moment as staff can not touch personal belongings. If this is a problem please speak to reception before arrival.
During your stay
- We would ask all guests to communicate with reception by telephone where possible, this is to ensure we can effectively social distance. Each hotel room is provided with an internal telephone connection (excl. Castle Cottage and Castle Mews)
- Our guest information folder will be removed, temporarily, for all accommodation. Instead, this will be made digital and sent out to all hotel guests prior to arrival should you wish to read it. As usual all of our staff will be happy to help guide you and a single-use version can be made available on request.
- Keys will be provided. Our reception will no longer hold keys at receptions and guests will be required to keep them. These will have access to resident doors.
- Breakfast will now require a pre-booking at check in. Our deadline for this is 8:30 pm the night before, this is to ensure that guests are served efficiently. During busier times we may require guests to book a time slot. We will be unable to serve at our standard capacity. Because of this, we have chosen to sell our rooms as ‘Room Only’ until we are able to return to normal. We ask that all guests stick to their booking time slots. Collections will remain available but require pre-booking. Room service is not available at this time. All pre-bookings will be confirmed via reception at check-in. Some of our offerings will be adapted to suit the guidelines regarding touchpoints.
- An optional buffet station will be in operation. We ask that you wear a face covering when approaching the table and use the hand washing facilities provided. If you would prefer, our team can collect these and bring it to your table.
- Guests will be required to return their key to the reception desk as they leave the hotel for the final time. The key should be left on the desk and the reception staff will sanitise this. This will indicate you have vacated your room and you will no longer be able to enter the room.
- Guest feedback forms will no longer be available in the bedrooms. We always look for feedback and will still continue to allow guests to provide their feedback via email. This will be automatically emailed to all our bookings.
- Payment will be required for any outstanding bills.